About Me

My photo
Documenting my odyssey into the wonderful world of fantasy writing and beyond. Can't promise I will always be on topic as the world is vast and full of such wonderous, and sometimes terrible, distractions. Email me: cassandra.jade.author@gmail.com

08 April, 2009

More Information on First Person

Having expressed my views, and some of the problems encountered when writing a novel in first person, I received some feedback in the form of emails and twitters. Most of this was from other writers who had experienced similar situations. This prompted me to dig a little further and to find out what others were saying.

Vickie Britton has written an article titled "Writing in First Person,
Point of View: Pros and Cons of Narrating in First Person" that I found comforting as many of the points covered expressed the advantages and disadvantages that I had encountered when writing in first person. However, the article then goes on to explore when the best time to use first person is and when it should be avoided, as well as providing examples of novels that have been written, successfully, using first person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Share/Save/Bookmark

Subscribe

Subscribe