- Don't worry about being the next big thing, worry about writing a good story. This I read less than two minutes ago on another blog and thought it was brilliant, unfortunately forgot which blog.
- Social networking, Twitter and the like, can help authors or hinder them, depending on how they use it.
- Inspiration takes seconds while writing is a long and time consuming labour (though very much worth it).
- While some people will forgive grammatical errors in a good story, others will reach for the tar and feathers.
- Writers everywhere rely way to heavily on caffeine. No wonder we're all just that little bit out there.
06 May, 2009
Writing Advice I Have Received
For a while now I have been reading everything I can about writing. Obviously there is more being written than I could ever possibly read but I have read quite a bit. I just want to quickly share five bits of advice I have read recently, in no particular order, that seemed to have some merit.